Have you noticed your garage door isn’t working properly? This isn’t uncommon. After a while, your garage door might stop functioning properly. The problem could be in the garage door itself or it could lie in the garage door opener mechanism.
If the damage isn’t too big, you could replace the garage door and avoid installing a new one. If only one part of the mechanism is damaged, it would cost way less to replace that broken part than to buy a new garage door. Also, if the door worked perfectly until now and has suddenly stopped functioning, there is a good chance that it’s a small problem that can easily be fixed.
Here are a few sings that you might need to replace or repair your garage door:
1. The door free-falls to the floor when rising. If this is the case with your garage door, it is very dangerous so you should contact a garage door company as soon as possible.
2. Loud noise coming from garage door opener. Older garage doors tend to make noise and this can be a sign that you need to replace your garage door.
3. Your garage door functions intermittently. If your garage door sometimes works and sometimes not, something is wrong with the mechanism and you should have that checked. It could be that your garage door opener is broken.
4. You notice a vibration in a garage door opener. This is a sign that your garage door opener is worn out.
5. If your current garage door doesn’t have advanced security features and you want to increase safety in your home, you should consider replacing your garage door. Newer models come with various security features that help you keep unauthorized people out of your garage.
Not sure what’s wrong with your garage door? We will evaluate the situation for you. For a quick and efficient garage door service in Las Vegas, call or message United Garage Door.