Your garage door can last decades if you put some extra time and effort into making the best choices possible. Here are some tips to consider before you purchase your next door:
- The biggest mistake you can make is ordering a garage door by telephone or online. Hire a professional to check details like opening size and shape and side clearance. They can even help you select a design that suits you.
- Wooden doors are attractive when new, but you will spend a lot of time and money to maintain them. You may have to re-coat in a few years or even reach as far as sanding it and starting all over to get your door to look new again.
- Getting the correct spring is quite important. These are usually placed above the door. Springs help your garage door go up easily and come down slowly. So, spending a little extra cash can benefit you in the long run.
- We advise that the person installing your new door should also install a new garage door opener. If a new door is needed, then highly likely your opener will fail soon.
- Installing your garage door yourself can save you money but it may not be the best idea. Garage doors have several parts that can take you a long time to assemble. You also need special tools and strong helpers. Otherwise, this task can become dangerous.
- Garage doors look surprisingly better with windows. They also provide much-needed light to the garage interior.
- Lastly, if you prefer not to hear loud noises when the door opens and closes, you should choose a door with polyurethane insulation and nylon rollers.
At United Garage Door, we can help you every step of the way. Are you ready to start the process of getting you the best door for your home? Then contact us and let’s get this job started.