It’s inescapable. Once you have a garage door, you will eventually experience bent, misaligned or damaged tracks. Garage doors can be damaged or bent because the rollers, broken cables, decayed footings, etc. are not regularly lubricated. No matter the cause, tracks need to be fixed immediately to avoid damage to your garage door.
These are some steps you can take when repairing damaged tracks:
- Try lubricating the damaged tracks. The tracks need oil to operate effectively so sometimes this simple step does the trick.
- If you decide to try repairing the tracks yourself, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Place another pair of tracks under the roller on the opposite end of the door.
- Use a hammer or the end of a claw to straighten out your bent track.
- Remove the track bolts that secure the vertical track with a socket wrench.
- Remove the bent track and straighten it with pliers or a hammer.
- Reinstall the track and ensure the track spacing is correct.
- When you’re done, you can give us a call to inspect your work.
If none of those steps work, you need to call a professional garage door repair company like United Garage Door. We specialize in all things related to garage doors. We will assist you with repairs or replacements and can have your door up and running again.
Having a damaged garage door could be a huge inconvenience. But have no fear! Situations like these are exactly why we offer 24/7 emergency services. It is a risk to force the door to operate. Doing this can cause more damage which will cost you much more in the long run. Contact us so we can resolve this situation immediately. We will be waiting for your call, ready to help.